Wherein I read things, laugh [or not], and pass them on to you…
• The Hobbit Trailer 2012 (HD) 2012 Movie Trailers – BunchaMovies.com
- Two new Prometheus clips show off yet another alien beast!
- SPOILERS: ‘Prometheus’ – ‘Alien’ Connection Explained
- Prometheus Star Noomi Rapace On Ridley Scott, Alien, And Possible Sequels
- ‘Prometheus’ Review
During an interview with Collider, Scott got around to discussing his planned Blade Runner sequel – a project that will be set several years after the original movie, feature a female protagonist, and reunite Scott with Blade Runner screenwriter, Hampton Fancher. Without too much prompting, the director offered the following juicy description of a sequence from Blade Runner 2 (as he is currently envisioning it):
“There’ll be a vast farmland where there are no hedges or anything in sight, and it’s flat like the plains of – where’s the Great Plains in America? Kansas, where you can see for miles. And it’s dirt, but it’s being raked. On the horizon is a combine harvester which is futuristic with klieg lights, ‘cause it’s dawn. The harvester is as big as six houses. In the foreground is a small white clapboard hut with a porch as if it was from ‘Grapes of Wrath’. From the right comes a car, coming in about six feet off the ground being chased by a dog. And that’s the end of it, I’m not gonna tell you anything else.”
[screenrant/Sandy Schaefer/05 Jun 2012]
A North Carolinian woman tore herself limb from limb — in the hopes of doing the same to her rival in a scuffle.
A North Carolinian woman is accused of removing her prosthetic leg in the midst of a scuffle and of beating a man with it, the Charlotte Observer reported.
After a feud with 29-year-old Charles Talbert over a trip the pair had made to the grocery store, the unidentified woman confronted him at his Gastonia, N.C., home.
And as the dispute escalated, Talbert said, she jumped out of her wheelchair to attack him, ripping out her dialysis tube in the process.
She punched him, removed her prosthetic leg and beat him with it, he said, damaging his cell phone and glasses, according to the Observer.
[nbcchicago/Sam Schulz/05 Jun 2012]
WHISTLER, British Columbia, June 4 (UPI) — Police in Whistler, British Columbia, say officers shot and killed a black bear that swatted a man on the head as he relaxed in a backyard hot tub.
The 55-year-old Coquitlam man had his back to the woods while soaking in the hot tub Sunday afternoon when a blow from behind knocked him over in the tub, police said in a statement Monday. When he turned around, he found himself staring at the bruin. He yelled at the animal and made his way into the house to call police.
Police found the bear about 100 yards away in the forest and shot it.
The man was treated for cuts on his head.
[upi/04 Jun 2012]
• Not Satisfied With Attacking Nuns, Catholic Bishops Go After Girl Scouts – It would be comical if the goal were not so pernicious and the outcome so damaging…What boggles the mind is why the Roman Catholic Church would be so presumptuous as to investigate what does not belong to it.
• Religious Zealots Move to Ban Abortion in Turkey — Hey, Just Like in the US! – Tale as old as time: the theocratic, male-dominated government is ignoring its country’s other, more important problems in favor of focusing on limiting women’s rights. But this saga isn’t occurring stateside; it’s happening in Turkey. And the women there aren’t taking it lying down.