Uploaded by MusicThatDoesNotSuck on Nov 10, 2010
Going for the One is the eighth studio album from the English progressive rock band Yes, released in 1977 on Atlantic Records. It was produced after an extended break for solo activity from the group, and marks the return of keyboardist Rick Wakeman, who had departed in 1974 after the Tales from Topographic Oceans tour. His return was facilitated by the departure of Patrick Moraz, after having only played on Relayer, although Moraz is thanked in the credits.
Allmusic’s Ross Boissoneau has described this album as “perhaps the most overlooked item in the Yes catalog”.
- Jon Anderson: vocals, percussion, harp
- Chris Squire: bass guitar, vocals
- Steve Howe: electric and acoustic guitars, Spanish Laúd (incorrectly listed as a “vachalia” at the time, and since as a “Portuguese guitarra”), lap steel guitar, vocals
- Rick Wakeman: piano, organ, Polymoog and Minimoog synthesizers, church organ
- Alan White: drums, percussion