I read stuff:
Wherein I read things, laugh [or not], and pass them on to you…
• The Governor speaks! David Morrissey on how his ‘Walking Dead’ character differs from the comic book version: “We probably meet the Governor earlier in his journey,” says Morrissey “I think he has more complexity than in the comic book.” So instead of coming across a complete lunatic, as in the comic, expect to see the seeds of lunacy being planted right before our eyes: “The things that make him the way he is happen to him on screen. We see them happening.”
• Scott Wilson, who plays boozing farmer turned reluctant wanderer Hershel Greene on The Walking Dead, was arrested last week on suspicion of DUI in Peachtree City, Ga. According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the 70-year-old actor told the cops who pulled him over for speeding at 2 a.m. on Aug. 18 that he had imbibed scotch and wine at the Founders Restaurant & Bar in nearby Senoia, where the third season of the hit AMC series is currently shooting.
• We are getting word from Michael Ausiello of TV Line that yet another series regular from The Walking Dead will be killed off during the upcoming season. Here’s what Ausiello had to say regarding the scoop: “I can confirm that a series regular will become zombie kibble during Season 3, but whether that death takes place in the first half or second half I can’t say.” So we don’t know who it will be or when it will happen, but it apparently will happen at some point during the season. As to who will become “zombie kibble,” we can only speculate.
• Thanks to the actor himself, we know that hunter Garth will be making a return guest appearance in season 8 of Supernatural. DJ Qualls, who first played Garth in the episode “Season 7, Time for a Wedding” in November 2011, later reprised his role in the late season 7 episode “Party on, Garth”. A wiry hunter, Garth endeared himself to Dean in particular, thanks to his quirky ways (although we’re not certain Dean is a huge fan of Mr. Fizzles). Qualls confirmed the news himself last night, tweeting “A week from today, Im heading back to Vancouver to play with my buddies @jarpad and Jensen. Some exciting stuff in that ep. Can’t wait.”
• NEWSFLASH: new role for Louis, Twitter, and Breaking Bad Q&A: Just got a quick call from Louis – he’s on his way to Toronto to film an episode of “Rookie Blue”, the series airing on ABC. More info will follow the next time we can chat for a bit longer.
• Gillian Anderson recently took to Twitter to talk with fans and had this to say about the possibility of a third X Files film… “I met with Chris [Carter] before coming here and it’s looking pretty good”. She continues, “We have to convince FOX.”
• Wicked Stills From Deleted ‘Prometheus’ Scene Feature A Mutated Fifield: “To mutate Fifield beyond what was possible using practical makeup effects, Weta Digital generated a digital character with elongated limbs and an engorged, transluscent head, incorporating a semblance of Harris’ face,” writes the magazine. “Scott filmed the sequence both with the actor in makeup and without, providing clean plates that would allow for the insertion of the digital character. The final cut featured mostly makeup effects, which Weta enhanced with digital wire removal, bullet hits, and one shot of the digital creature’s body blended to the actor.”